Growth Hacker Marketing is a book that outlines the rise of growth hacking and how it has brought success to firms such as Airbnb and Facebook. The book explains how traditional marketing practices have become less effective and why growth hacking is a cheaper and more efficient way of getting results.
The author emphasizes the importance of building marketing into the product and using data to drive growth.
The book covers various topics related to growth hacking, including product-market fit, finding your growth hack, testing marketing, and virality. It also discusses the future of marketing and how growth hacking can make marketing cheaper and more specific due to data and the possibility to test.
Useful takeaways from the book include:
- Growth hacking is a mindset, not a tactic.
- The product should be built taking marketing into account.
- You absolutely need data.
- Make your product easily shareable and superiorly good so that people share it.
- Growth hacking makes marketing cheaper and more specific due to data and the possibility to test.
What I Liked
Really good book. Well-paced and practical.
What I Did Not Like
Not a whole lot – I’m a fan of anything Ryan Holiday writes or recommends.