from Instagram: http://bit.ly/1zbbntL
- Our new home in Grant Park was plenty big enough for living, but not necessarily for working.
- I have a young son who doesn’t quite get extended work periods yet.
- I like to work in concentrated blocks where I can get work done, then get home – no dragging work on for 8 hours when it should take 5.
- I worked for 2 years in an open-plan office that was not ideal for productivity.
- We live a 10 minute bike commute from Downtown Atlanta.
- Downtown Atlanta is awesome.
- I wanted to feel & act more like the legit business that I’m running. That’s a lesson learned from my first go at self-employment.
I checked out some co-working spots. They were interesting, but also reminded me too much of agency life.
I checked out some small offices around Intown Atlanta. They were either too old or too expensive or too bland & boring.
My search ended with the beautiful, historic Hurt Building overlooking Woodruff Park right in the heart of Downtown Atlanta.
The owners had renovated the 15th floor with a bunch of single & double office spaces meant for a small business like mine. It’s got a common area, services, fast internet & affordable rent.
And best of all – it’s got 15th floor views looking out on the City of Atlanta skyline. Fun times.